Welcome to the Tundenny website.

Entertainment: Brymo speaks following loss of AFRIMA awards - Tundenny Blog

Nigerian musical artist Ibrahim Olawale, also commonly known as Brymo, has opened up after losing the All-Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA.

Recall that some social media petitioned the award organizers to put down Brymo from their awards nominations after he waged a war against the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi saying that an Igbo presidency would be a “pipe dream” because of the drive for Biafra.

As long as there (are) talks by prominent people from Igboland about Biafra, an Igbo presidency will be a pipe dream, he tweeted.

After about 47,000 had signed the petition to be removed from the award list, Brymo rendered an apology to the public but eventually lost the awards to Mali-based Iba One.

In an interview with Cable, Brymo stated that he wanted to win that award before that petition could go public. He added that his loss was not associated with Southeast brouhaha but was the result of a number of factors.

He also announced his retirement from the music space making him unqualified for the award.

In his words;

“I think, months before, I’d announced that I was no longer a musician and that I was instead a sonic artist. It meant I was no longer eligible for awards that musicians get.

“However, AFRIMA nominated my work ‘Esan’, so I forgot all that and looked forward to the event. But in truth, I’m no longer a singer so I didn’t want it.

“There’s a songwriting category but they shouldn’t nominate sonic artists. I was looking forward to it anyway, and then something happened. I got into trouble talking about Biafra leaving and staying.

“So, I stayed out of AFRIMA and didn’t attack the award afterward. Not winning had nothing to do with southeast fracas. Everything only just came together.”

Categories: Entertainment

Sulaimon Babatunde

Tundenny

I am a graphic designer and web designer on internet, based in Lagos, I serve my clients from one location to another.

13 Comments

beautiful european girls 268 · April 3, 2023 at 9:47 am

Hi thdre tto all, the contents present at tnis website are
trulyy amazig foor people knowledge, well,
keep up thee good wordk fellows.

992 · April 7, 2023 at 7:14 pm

Hi! Thiis iss kinhd oof off topic but I need some guidance freom an established blog.
Is it difficult tto sett uup your own blog? I’m not vesry techincl butt I
can fiure things ouut pretty quick. I’m thinking about settting up
mmy own butt I’m not sure where too start. Do you have any points orr suggestions?
Thanks

cute Indian_girl suck big dick ever · April 8, 2023 at 7:36 pm

Thank you, I have just been searching for information about
this subject for a long time and yoours iss the greatest I’ve discovered sso far.
But, wjat concerning the bottom line? Arre you certain inn regtards too the source?

936 · April 8, 2023 at 11:03 pm

Post writijng is also a fun, if yoou bee familoiar with thn you ccan write or elkse iit iss complex tto write.

bit.ly · April 10, 2023 at 6:32 pm

Hi Dear, aree yoou genuinnely visitting this
weeb siite regularly, if so then yyou wkll without doubt obtain gooid knowledge.

818 · April 13, 2023 at 12:58 am

naturally likke yoour web-site buut you nered too check thhe spelling on segeral of your posts.
A number of them aree rife with spelling issues
andd I too find it very troublesoome too inform thee tuth onn thee other hand I wil surely come back again.

tinyurl.com · April 14, 2023 at 9:24 pm

Asking questions are inn fat pleasant thing iif yoou are not undersanding something entirely, buut this post givers fastidious
understanding even.

tinyurl.com · April 15, 2023 at 1:13 am

I am genuinely grateful tto the owner of this web page wwho has shred this great iece of writing at aat this time.

362 · April 15, 2023 at 5:53 pm

I am really lovjng the theme/design off your site.
Do yyou ever run int any internet browwser compatibility issues?
A few of myy blog readers have complained about myy ite not operating coorrectly in Explorer but looks great
in Firefox. Do youu have anny suggestions tto help fix thiss problem?

120 · April 19, 2023 at 9:15 am

Fabulous, what a webpage it is! Thiss wwebsite pdovides helpful data too us, keewp it up.

570 · April 20, 2023 at 1:51 am

Thank you for tthe good writeup. It in truth was once a amsement
accont it. Loook advanced to far added agreeable from
you! By tthe way, how could wee bbe in contact?

997 · April 21, 2023 at 11:15 pm

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a douubt donare
to this brilliant blog! I guess foor nnow i’ll settle for bookmarking and addung youhr RSS feed too my Google
account. I lopok forward to fresh updatds and will share this sitfe
wth myy Facebook group. Chatt soon!

Graciela · July 28, 2023 at 5:12 am

Thanks foor every otuer excelleent article.
The place else may just anyone gget tht type of information inn such an ideal manner off writing?
I’ve a presentaion ubsequent week, and I’m aat thhe search ffor such info.